Moderators, please delete

Samantha

I for one will not like WGAL going away from their current theme. As for graphics for WGAL, they recently got the new WESH gfx package so I doubt them changing that much. What package do you think Hearst should get? I would love WGAL to get The Rock ... perhaps they can finally add the NBC chimes to it.

-- Matt

I for one will not like WGAL going away from their current theme. As for graphics for WGAL, they recently got the new WESH gfx package so I doubt them changing that much. What package do you think Hearst should get? I would love WGAL to get The Rock ... perhaps they can finally add the NBC chimes to it.

-- Matt

I think you'll be surprised how much things will be changing. ;)

So, am I right? Or will WGAL get ANOTHER gfx change? :)

-- Matt

I think it was rumored a while back in the Shoutbox that Hearst was leaning towards 'hubbing' their graphics from one centralized location (I think someone mentioned WESH-TV as where their graphics hub would be located).

I think it was rumored a while back in the Shoutbox that Hearst was leaning towards 'hubbing' their graphics from one centralized location (I think someone mentioned WESH-TV as where their graphics hub would be located).

Nailed it! The Hearst graphics hub is in place at WESH (or almost in place, I can't remember) and the new plans are in the works. ;)

-- Matt

Hearst is planning on rolling out new graphics and new music to all their stations.

I've heard rumors that Hearst really liked WISN's Hothaus graphics and Gari music, so it would not shock me to see these two contribute to the "new look".

I just wish tv stations (including Hearst, PNS, etc) would quit using IBS as their host/provider. They're some of the slowest loading, overly bloated, messy webpages I come across. Most of my experience with looking for a video clip on one of their sites is trying track down through the mess of multiple links the one that actually plays the video.

Nailed it! The Hearst graphics hub is in place at WESH (or almost in place, I can't remember) and the new plans are in the works. ;)

Can they handle local weather graphics as well, please? Mark Baden at WISN insists on using the tackiest animations/transitions/3D-ish-effects their weather graphics system can dole out.

Otherwise, WISN's graphics aren't too bad, but it'll be nice to have them brought completely back into the fold and lose the local tweaks they've been making to the package.

Edit: kind of surprised that WCVB isn't serving as the hub. They've always seemed like more of a flagship station to me.

Edit: kind of surprised that WCVB isn't serving as the hub. They've always seemed like more of a flagship station to me.

Its not really that WESH is serving as the hub; its more just a location than anything else.

Archived