WTAE to get new Hearst graphics Tuesday night?

first on fox

That's pretty interesting considering that the new graphics weren't supposed to start popping up around the country until later this year from what I've heard. But they do look pretty nice.

EDIT: From what I've seen (on their mobile website at least) the L3s are still basically the same as what's at every other Hearst station, but the fullscreens are completely different from anything I've seen. Odd.

That fullscreen on the website appears to be from archive.

The open seen in the final few seconds of the video, though...

I'm not seeing it. Hopefully someone will post it to YouTube. :huh:

From video I seen on WTAE.com looks like they got the same gfx package WGAL got a few weeks ago. Same L3's, same full screen ... didn't see the OTS, but I bet it is the same. I think it's a little different that WGAL gets the package first before WTAE, but I'm not complaining.

Also, looks like WTAE got a new iPad app out with the new design of the websites that are rolling out. I find it interesting that the iPad app comes out BEFORE the website.

-- matt

My sources indicate the new graphics won't be ready until Fall.

Enjoy these updates, I guess. They won't last too long.

That's what I'm saying. Why are these stations even bothering? :huh:

Can't say I'm a fan of this update. When the L3 yellow glow animates, a "swoosh" sound plays. And the news opens aren't very good either. Hopefully this fall graphics update makes its way to WTAE and is better than this refresh.

Archived