WGN/CLTV's Martin replacing Rodewald on NBC 5 Today

24994J

WGN and CLTV traffic reporter Kye Martin has been hired by WMAQ as weekday morning traffic anchor. Her first day is July 23rd. She will be succeeding Matt Rodewald, who has reported for the morning show since 2006...he will remain in his anchor role on CBS-owned WSCR-AM "670 The Score" as he looks for other opportunities. With the announcement comes word that Martin will report from Studio 5, not the Tower (or wherever they've done traffic).

http://chicagoradioa...raffic-reporter

• 2 weeks later...

Sarah Jindra has taken Kye Martin's position at WGN/CLTV. After working the firs four days of the week at CLTV, Sarah made her WGN debut this morning since Erin McElroy is off. Sarah is doing traffic only. Nancy Loo is filling in for Erin at the anchor desk.

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/2608-sarah-jindra-exits-wbez-fm-joins-cltvwgn-tv-as-traffic-reporter

Interesting, even with Erin back today, Sarah is still doing the traffic during the 4 AM - 5:30 AM news even though Erin always used to double as anchor/traffic reporter during this newscast. I wonder if this is a permanent arrangement.

EDIT: It turns out that Larry and Robin are both off today, so Frank and Erin are anchoring all 5 hours of the newscast. I guess that explains why Sarah has been doing the traffic since 4 AM.

They literally have two key walls? Did they have to do this because they do weather and traffic back-to-back at the key walls? I guess I'm not used to seeing that since I don't think WGN and WLS (the two morning newscasts I actually watch) do that.

Archived