Former WPIX news director Karen Scott files age-discrimination suit against station

PIXfan

Yet these people continue to survive and even thrive. This Betty Ellen person is know news director at WLNY. With the exception of Wragge, every one of their few on air people are over 50. I wonder if she'll pull the same stunt. Then again, if low ratings bother her, she should fire them all now since barely anyone is watching.

Here's another thought...Betty Ellen Berlamino can still be blamed for the continued ratings woes at WPIX, because after she fired Karen Scott, she brought in the worst news director in the history of the New York City market. That's right, I am talking about Bill Carey.

Here's another thought...Betty Ellen Berlamino can still be blamed for the continued ratings woes at WPIX, because after she fired Karen Scott, she brought in the worst news director in the history of the New York City market. That's right, I am talking about Bill Carey.

You didn't have to type his name.

Well, everyone has been typing his name...He is to blame for the failed news formats at 5 and 10 p.m.

And before you start to say that Channel 11's ratings are up in the morning...The only reason they are up is because competitor WNYW messed up by splitting up Rosanna Scotto and Greg Kelly on GDNY, causing their own ratings to sink. Not because WPIX did anything special (and they didn't).

I have called for WPIX's current General Manager, Eric Meyrowitz, to fire Carey, but he has not, while Carey has made a joke out of a once-proud news organization. Meyrowitz is obviously blind to the steep decline in ratings, especially at 10 p.m. So, the only way that WPIX--once my favorite station for news--can regain respect and respectability, is to kill two birds with one stone--Fire Carey AND Meyrowitz, and fire them fast, before it's too late--if it isn't too late already.

Well, everyone has been typing his name...He is to blame for the failed news formats at 5 and 10 p.m.

And before you start to say that Channel 11's ratings are up in the morning...The only reason they are up is because competitor WNYW messed up by splitting up Rosanna Scotto and Greg Kelly on GDNY, causing their own ratings to sink. Not because WPIX did anything special (and they didn't).

I have called for WPIX's current General Manager, Eric Meyrowitz, to fire Carey, but he has not, while Carey has made a joke out of a once-proud news organization. Meyrowitz is obviously blind to the steep decline in ratings, especially at 10 p.m. So, the only way that WPIX--once my favorite station for news--can regain respect and respectability, is to kill two birds with one stone--Fire Carey AND Meyrowitz, and fire them fast, before it's too late--if it isn't too late already.

I understand those reasons. I only said the last post jokingly. But I would love to join you and everyone else to get rid of that horses ass and the penis that hired him out of WPIX.

Archived