Look F in my ESPN? It's more likely than you think...

Sam Horn

Hey, guys. First time/long time. Thought this was weird when I saw it on the Senior Open coverage on ESPN. Yes, they even had the proper animations. Go on and speculate away. Did Comcast secretly buy ESPN? Is Disney about to flip all its broadcast properties to Arthouse gfx packages? Or does the R&A simply get its titles made by Arthouse for their pool highlight cuts? THE CHOICES ARE YOURSSSSSS!

1.png.343b3113d1289630f451e74186d5ee17.png

2.png.a13613e056f653e015d0a174ccd5947a.png

I noticed that with First Take the other day... Interesting that they moved away from the standard ESPN look. And yes, very much like MSNBC there. Kind of incredible that they would do that.

Makes me wonder if someone from Arthouse jumped to ESPN.

ESPN's Outside the Lines has a decidedly not-ESPN look as well, though it's a bit more original than the above cited examples.

If it's an European sport, then it came from them.

Most of the Euro leagues and big competitions have their own graphics, music, and openings. Some of this stuff you are requored to use, sometimes not.

This is true of the Olympics, and I'll get to why in the Olympic Thread, so that's why competitions use a much blander package than NBC's.

From the clips, it looks like R&A made the segment graphics, while ESPN overlaid the usual score graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

From the clips, it looks like R&A made the segment graphics, while ESPN overlaid the usual score graphics.

This. I'm trying to find out if Arthouse is doing one-off work for The Open. Can't find any definitive info, though, but it sure looks like it.

Archived