WEWS is getting a New Set

Daybreak

Ehhhh it's sort of similar to WPTV's, but I don't think it's THAT similar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=405171909532654&set=a.173752092674638.35202.172173742832473&type=1&theater

But wow. That's what, the fifth Scripps station now in around a year and a half to get a new set? First it was KJRH, then WXYZ and WPTV, WRTV is in the middle of one and now WEWS as well! Scripps must be pulling a Local TV and upgrading all of their stations, because I don't and wouldn't think you would upgrade that many of your stations sets in such a short period of time unless you wanted too. Now I wonder who will be next.

(although i will admit, I am very worried that Scripps is pulling a LocalTV and hiring out the same person to do all of their sets and to have a general look; not totally similar like Fox, but similar enough none the less)

Someone should try and find out if not only is Scripps revamping ALL of their stations, but if they're pulling a you-know-who and hiring out someone to redo all of their stations as well as seeing how similar it will be to WPTV's.

Yes yes I know I was sort of a little informant when it came to the Scripps package, but to randomly ask "my source" at my local station if they'll be getting a set soon and if Scripps is hiring out BDI for a somewhat universal look will just seem odd, especially if they don't plan to for many more years.

Archived