In-Sink

Guest cfif

I have this cable station, "News 12 The Bronx," who butchers In-Sink to the ground and more. Besides, V.4 with the Indiana sound, the first few seconds of it sounds better than the other three versions combined.

V.1 sucks, but I like V.2 and V.3 pretty well. Generally speaking, it has always sounded great on WRAL since I started regularly watching them in the late 90s (with V.2). For me, it's almost synonymous with WRAL News. I was DXing WTKR one time when they first started using it, and it just didn't seem right to hear that theme on another station.

I have this cable station, "News 12 The Bronx," who butchers In-Sink to the ground and more. Besides, V.4 with the Indiana sound, the first few seconds of it sounds better than the other three versions combined.

Okay, just want to point out it's "Back Home in Indiana", and didn't/doesn't WISH use that.

Okay, just want to point out it's "Back Home in Indiana", and didn't/doesn't WISH use that.

It's actually Back Home Again in Indiana. And the song is called Indiana. I constantly agree that the v.4 sounds a whole lot better then the three previous versions. I have to say that the package itself it not all that bad even though it's not my cup of tea. But WRAL has been a symbol of using that package very well. Any other station that uses it is just waisting their money where there's tons of other packages that are out there.

• 3 weeks later...

V.1 sucks, but I like V.2 and V.3 pretty well. Generally speaking, it has always sounded great on WRAL since I started regularly watching them in the late 90s (with V.2). For me, it's almost synonymous with WRAL News. I was DXing WTKR one time when they first started using it, and it just didn't seem right to hear that theme on another station.

Agreed. I have watched WRAL use the package well--obviously--and I just can't watch other stations with the package because they always use it incorrectly.

My favorite version of the package is definitely V.2. It's bold with the perfect amount of aggressive--not ADD like V.3. Now V.1 did its job well, but it was only OK in comparison to V.2. The open (minus the electric guitar) injects just enough drama into the powerful arrangement, and the bumpers are compelling enough to keep the viewer tuned in. With a few EQ modifications to make it sound 21st-century instead of 1997/98, it'd be perfect for most stations, yet this version is often overlooked in favor of V.1 or V.3.

The only part of V.3 I like are WRAL's updates to the package in 2004. That brought us a new open, which is the first cut on the 615 online sampler, as well as a new bumper, which is cut #3 on said sampler. The rest of V.3 is garbage.

No offense, but you people are out of your minds. Version 3 is by far the absolute best version of In-Sink. Version 2 on the other hand needed a lot of work, so I'm glad that 615 created another version. The Version 3 updates really modernized the package a lot, & it was well needed after Version 2 was released.

However, I hear there's a Version 5 being used by WISH. Can anyone confirm that?

If you're getting that off of Wikipedia, don't trust it... there is no V.5 sample on the 615 site.

Wikipedia, doesn't say any thing about a version 5, it says v.4 was composed for WISH, although now WISH uses what sounds like a cross between v.1 and v.4

Archived