I still hate the WHDH-run WLVI CW 56

AdamTheJ

Pardon me, but can I just ask? Was it really worth it for WHDH to buy WLVI from Tribune and Why they did it?

I still don't like the new CW 56. I'll never watch WLVI ever again. Not until they kill 7 News at 10. I hate hyped-up news. Were WLVI's ratings in 2006 really that bad?

You know something if I were in charge of WBZ/WSBK, I'd split the merge into two. I would move CBS to WSBK Ch. 38 and sell the WBZ half to NBC-Universal, and make WNEU Telemundo 60 a new partner. It would be similar to WNBC/WNJU in NY and WTVJ/WSCV in Miami.

Look I'm sorry, but I can't stand Ed Ansin's formula for making Bostonians happy. I don't think it's making anyone happy, but that's only MY opinion. I just feel so bad for the former WLVI employees affected.

Yeah, that is a bad idea. Just ask WWJ.

If anything, WSBK should have received the CW affiliation. Then WLVI would have become an MNTV affiliate or an independent.

I read somewhere that Ansin bought WLVI partly so that NBC wouldn't be able to buy it and take the NBC affiliation away from WHDH, but I think that's probably only a rumor.

Yeah, that is a bad idea. Just ask WWJ.

If anything, WSBK should have received the CW affiliation. Then WLVI would have become an MNTV affiliate or an independent.

I read somewhere that Ansin bought WLVI partly so that NBC wouldn't be able to buy it and take the NBC affiliation away from WHDH, but I think that's probably only a rumor.

I've said it before, I'll say it again >> I still think Ed Ansin still holds a grudge over (or at least has never forgotten) the WSVN fiasco, way back in the day.

WSVN fiasco?

Goes back to when WSVN was an NBC affiliate before losing it in the late 80s to WTVJ, which had become an NBC O&O station at the time, because of NBC's displeasure in Ed Ansin preempting some of their programming.

Archived