My9 News going HD.

nynewslover

They only do about 2.5 hours of news a week, the least amount out of all the local newscasts. It only makes sense to upgrade if there are plans to expand the newscasts.

If by expand the newscasts, do you mean My9 is going to restore or add its Saturday and Sunday night newscasts? If they air at 11pm, they're competing with the likes of 2, 4, 5, and 7. Is My9 still in Secaucus, New Jersey or have they moved in the New York City limits?

Probably because FOX thought everyone would be a-OK with moving the station to NYC. This is probably a sign they're giving up on that.

I have a question.. Why were people so against them moving to the city? It would give them that many more resources.. It would give them a ratings boost and they could still focus on NJ.. So what was the big deal?

I believe they go HD this Monday.

WWOR is licensed to Seacaucs, NJ and therefore it can't move to New York City for now. However, it is still pending a renewal from the FCC who seem to not be for New Jersey having their own local news stations.

If the FCC doesn't renew My9's license in Seacacus than maybe than can move to New York but for now they are focusing on New Jersey because besides News 12, NJTV, and Fios1 there aren't any other New Jersey news stations or at least that I know of.

I have a question.. Why were people so against them moving to the city? It would give them that many more resources.. It would give them a ratings boost and they could still focus on NJ.. So what was the big deal?

The big deal was the politicians of New Jersey, namely U.S. House Representative Steve Rothman, whose district includes Secaucus and the My9 studios.

Some reading on WWOR-TV's license situation, including links to other articles...

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/movies/wwor-tv-ch-9-investigated-for-not-serving-nj-viewers

I think it looks weird how the logo goes below the lower-third... Why can't they be the same height? I also don't like the vertical line on the OTS but overall it looks sharp.

They fixed the bug so it fits in between the lower third, and WWOR has started showing all programming in widescreen since Wednesday.

• 8 months later...

Archived