Tribune Web Sites

1place4news

I should point out that KTXL appears to have been the first to launch the website template that KSWB has just adopted. It seems weird though that they didn't adopt the website template that KPLR, KWGN and the Local TV LLC stations use (like those, the new sites are based off the WordPress VIP platform, though between the two designs, the Local TV website templates have a better layout). The issue with KTXL and KSWB's new sites is that they try too hard to look like a Facebook page, the tab bar is absent most of the tabs that most TV station websites should have (weather, sports, entertainment, etc.), choosing to relegate those to the bottom of the page and there is no longer a staff bios subpage (a page that most TV station sites really should have).

I actually saw some comments on KTXL's page last month (shortly after the design was first unveiled) in an article on the website relaunch and the reaction to the new design was largely negative.

Guest NewsHound

It doesn't look too bad to me. Kinda Hearst-y, rather unique. Could stand to have a lot of improvement, but overall pretty interesting concept.

Archived