WHEC-TV Rochester adopts Look F

13WHAMfan

That is Look C. KSNV has been using these gfx since 2010.

That looks like Look C

When the pic was posted, it showed the forecast graphic/template from Look F.

• 2 months later...

Look F does not fit Texas.

Texas: Vibrant, Colorful, and Loud!

Not Texas: White, Blocky, Bland.

True. But the only reason KXAS hasn't gone to Look F yet is because the share of it that was owned by LIN didn't want to use the package even though they were ok with all of the other NBC standardized packages up to that point. I can't figure out why LIN didn't like Look F because the previous packages paled in comparison to this one.

Now that LIN sold off their share of KXAS, there is honestly nothing stopping KXAS from switching to Look F.

True. But the only reason KXAS hasn't gone to Look F yet is because the share of it that was owned by LIN didn't want to use the package even though they were ok with all of the other NBC standardized packages up to that point. I can't figure out why LIN didn't like Look F because the previous packages paled in comparison to this one.

Now that LIN sold off their share of KXAS, there is honestly nothing stopping KXAS from switching to Look F.

Where did you hear this? Seems ridiculous for LIN to even impose that seeing as NBC has had majority control of KXAS forr many years now. Also, why only KXAS? Why not include KNSD, which at the time was also partly owned by LIN?

Where did you hear this? Seems ridiculous for LIN to even impose that seeing as NBC has had majority control of KXAS forr many years now. Also, why only KXAS? Why not include KNSD, which at the time was also partly owned by LIN?

My memory might've been a little off but I could've sworn that we discussed on here in an earlier thread that because KXAS isn't a fully O&O station, that left KXAS to choose whether or not to use the package.

I could be wrong though.

My memory might've been a little off but I could've sworn that we discussed on here in an earlier thread that because KXAS isn't a fully O&O station, that left KXAS to choose whether or not to use the package.

I could be wrong though.

ahh. Well I think that the decision was probably made at the local level to not use Look F. WMAQ never used Look C, so I think that the NBC O&O's (at least some) have some leeway as to whether or not they use a graphics package or not.

KXAS needs Look F. Their current graphics make me feel like I'm watching a Nexstar station instead of an NBC O&O

I've found a picture of the amount of people outside of this message board that care:

Fzi9UZ5l.jpg

Archived