WTF, CNN?

Jess

So Suzanne Malveaux is anchoring fiscal cliff coverage. Since Obama is now speaking, it's going out on CNN Domestic and CNN International.

...she is wearing a T-shirt.

WHY IS SHE WEARING A T-SHIRT

CNNWTF-TShirt-sm.jpg

I suppose they basically shut down the newsroom for the night once they heard that there wouldn't be movement on the fiscal cliff story... when there was a late development, she was probably the first available anchor.

Still, you'd think they'd have a couple of blazers or suit coats that they could keep in wardrobe for such an occasion. Might not be a perfect fit for whomever, but it would look somewhat more professional on air.

(Of course, one pet peeve of mine these days is that guys are still expected to wear suits and only suits while in the studio, while women seem to be able to wear just about anything short of casual wear. Nothing anchors wear these days surprises me much. But I digress.)

I suppose they basically shut down the newsroom for the night once they heard that there wouldn't be movement on the fiscal cliff story... when there was a late development, she was probably the first available anchor.

Except that this aired at midday on New Years Eve, when they were in the middle of their regular block of "Newsroom" programming. I watched a little bit of it, she even tossed to Wolf Blitzer at one point and he was in a suit and tie.

Archived