How long has WFLD been doing this "Snapshot News" thing?

Spring Rubber

I'm watching Fox primetime for the first time in ages, and during the breaks, WFLD is running promos for their "Snapshot News" thing where they copy other stations and do the top 9 stories at 9 or something like that. How long has this been going on, and has it proven effective, or is it just another gimmick that drives the station's ratings further down the hole?

Personally I dislike formats like this, but I've never watched WFLD since they started doing it. Anybody like it?

I'm watching Fox primetime for the first time in ages, and during the breaks, WFLD is running promos for their "Snapshot News" thing where they copy other stations and do the top 9 stories at 9 or something like that. How long has this been going on, and has it proven effective, or is it just another gimmick that drives the station's ratings further down the hole?

Personally I dislike formats like this, but I've never watched WFLD since they started doing it. Anybody like it?

Since the Olympics.. It's similar to something they did when they still had "The Ten" a few years back.

I've noticed they ditched voiceover Beau Weaver for a different voice. I'm not 100% sure of the name but his voice is very familiar as I've heard that voice as a radio voiceover for a number of stations around. They've also added a talent rejoin done by the graphics hub that actually matches the graphics. No sloppy inhouse job this time around. Same goes for Bob Sirot's One More Thing stinger graphics..

Wow, that's hilarious that it's been going on for so long without me knowing. I think the sole time I tuned into their newscast since the Olympics was the 9pm news on the night the new graphics launched, but I tuned out after maybe 30 seconds and just checked out the screencaps here instead.

Archived