Weather Channel's Insane Storm Names

Jess

• 4 weeks later...

Orion Pax is, in the current universal continuity that Hasbro has created for the Transformers (the one used in the video games and the Prime cartoon, though not the movies) , the original name of the Autobot who would become the great Optimus Prime.

That those names are in this list shows how ridiculous these names are. And again, we get one too many Star Trek references, although at least they have a proper Q name this time. And no WWE wrestlers as far as I can see. Still, I can't believe they're using "Hercules", of all things, on this list. (At least they didn't have the temptation to name the X storm Xena, though Xenia is close enough.)

I get the concept of naming storms - it's better than "snowmageddon" or "frankenstorm" or some such - but normal human being names would be more appropriate. At least it wouldn't lead to complete ridicule on Teh Interwebz.

Orion Pax is, in the current universal continuity that Hasbro has created for the Transformers (the one used in the video games and the Prime cartoon, though not the movies) , the original name of the Autobot who would become the great Optimus Prime.

That those names are in this list shows how ridiculous these names are. And again, we get one too many Star Trek references, although at least they have a proper Q name this time. And no WWE wrestlers as far as I can see. Still, I can't believe they're using "Hercules", of all things, on this list. (At least they didn't have the temptation to name the X storm Xena, though Xenia is close enough.)

I get the concept of naming storms - it's better than "snowmageddon" or "frankenstorm" or some such - but normal human being names would be more appropriate. At least it wouldn't lead to complete ridicule on Teh Interwebz.

Storm Dave.

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna sip the kool-aid on this one. This is as stupid as naming every tornado or grass fire that comes along.

Although,

Can't wait until "Winter Storm Nexstar" or "Winter Storm Sinclair." Those will do major damage.

I think Big Country gets the LOL prize for his effort. I guess when the Sinclair storm gets cleaned up it will look like a News Central set? :lol:

Archived