MI News 26 New Graphics/Music

Weeters

I know there's been a lot of criticism (Hello!) about MI News 26 in Cadillac, Michigan, but I think it's worth noting they have a new graphics package and switched to Stephen Arnold's "This is the Place".

Their stream is far from "HD", so you'll have to do with videos on their site if you want to see these things. You can either deal with Rodney Harris' rather frustrating writing style or the weather report. There are some different variations on the fullscreen graphics for their morning and evening shows which can be seen through the live stream.

Overall I think it's not too shabby, but that lower third is absolutely gigantic and rather plain. It doesn't really match the rest of the graphics very much at all either. :confused:

They also shuffled their news wheel and added some new segments, namely a health segment and a "Gas Watch" segment that is presented like a weather report and lasts way too long. Seriously. It's, like, 2 minutes long. A 10-15 second bump is all that needs.

Nice to see they're still using a logo based off the one I made for Rodney Harris's internet newscast back in the day. :p

Btw, does anyone know if they are really making any or enough money to be paying their people? Or is it more of a volunteer type of thing?

Btw, does anyone know if they are really making any or enough money to be paying their people? Or is it more of a volunteer type of thing?

I don't know, but there is a vacancy in Bismark.

Heh - I was curious, so I checked out their streaming. Wow. I don't even know how they can screw up their streaming that badly, and I mean that literally - I have absolutely no idea. Streaming via Ustream is about as idiot-proof as you can make it.

Heh - I was curious, so I checked out their streaming. Wow. I don't even know how they can screw up their streaming that badly, and I mean that literally - I have absolutely no idea. Streaming via Ustream is about as idiot-proof as you can make it.

They stream their off-air signal, as far as I can tell. So any time the weather decides to be not-perfect for low power digital television, the stream becomes a blocky mess.

• 2 months later...

If you look at some of the other small local news broadcasts around the U.S., I'd say that this one is one of the nicer.

everything looks good except it's completely devoid of content. that's what people watch for.

the weather guy is really good though.

Archived