Megyn Kelly Moving Up To FNC Prime-time.

Big Country News

Mediaite reports that host of 'America Live', Megyn Kelly, will move to a Prime-time slot when she returns from her upcoming maternity leave.

Megyn is an exceptional talent who has successfully filled and surpassed each role we have given her at the network. Her ability to command the screen, delve into the facts and lead a debate is what makes her one of the most sought-after anchors in the business.

- FOX News Network CEO, Roger Ailes

I think they are going to put her on at either 7, 8 or 10 p.m. for some reason. They are going to do one of two things, move Shepard Smith Special Report twice or move Greta or O'Reily. I don't see them messing with Sean Hannity. Well whatever happens, congratulations to Megyn on both her baby and the new time slot.

A co-worker of mine who recently interviewed for a position on "The Fox Report" doesn't think Shep's going anywhere. Apparently, they feel their competition is the network evening news shows. He seems to think it's going to be Greta going by the wayside.

Megyn Kelley would eat Greta's lunch if that happened.

I was eyeballing a repeat of OTR the other night at work (on a monitor above my desk) when Greta was in Florida for the Zimmerman trial. I was shocked at how...matronly...she was dressed.

It's not something that's noticable when he's behind a desk and all you see is waist up, but she was doing some MOS interviews with neighbors in the gated community where the shooting took place.

Then they cut back to her doing a stand-up from somewhere in Sanford (probably same area).

Anyway, I don't expect Greta to be sexy by any means, but seriously she was wearing grandmother clothes.

A co-worker of mine who recently interviewed for a position on "The Fox Report" doesn't think Shep's going anywhere. Apparently, they feel their competition is the network evening news shows.

Probably the most likely option is Megyn taking the 10pm altogether. Of course, Greta has mentioned that she's under contract to do a primetime show at Fox News, but if FNC decides to move Megyn to 10, Greta more than likely will jump ship. Which brings up another tidbit: If she returns to CNN (as speculated), don't be surprised to see her bump Anderson Cooper's 10pm repeat for a live program to go head-to-head against Megyn.

• 1 month later...

Well, this just came out yesterday:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/report-megyn-kelly-moving-to-hannity-timeslot-on-fox-news_b191320

They also mentioned that changes might be coming to Shep's shows at 3 and 7. Question is, where does that leave Sean Hannity?

I have a hunch that Hannity is being demoted to the 7pm slot or weekends, if not being reduced to the role of a long-form commentator. Or they may even take a risk and cut him completely.

But apparently Sean is "very happy" about something... whatever it is. Or he's playing the corporate line, like Ed Schultz had to a few months ago.

I just can't believe that someone like Sean would be willing to give up valuable prime-time real estate so easily. Remember how Glenn Beck was released from the network in what became a work of utter perfection by Roger Ailes. Something's up here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived