Tamsen Fadal Sinking Ratings At PIX Article

Newyorktalent

I always thought that Jodi was better suited in the morning. If i was PIX, i would try to reunite Jodi and Ron Corning for the late part of the morning broadcast. It would give the station an instant boost just bring those two back together again.

Ford would be perfect for the late broadcast. What would then be needed is an identifiable, no nonsense female ankle.

BTW, can you please change that uninteresting shot of the traffic of 42nd St behind the anchors. It been the same old, same old for years. It's a tv screen, change it, it costs nothing

PIX is so bad right now it's gonna take practically a miracle for them to make a comeback. Besides the news they don't have the most popular shows so it'll be hard to advertise anything new unless its city wide. As for the news they need more male talent especially in the morning. I think they should try Frances in the evening since she did the evening news up in Boston.

I feel the morning news needs the most work. Reason? Greg and Rosanna are very popular and a strong team. At 10 Dari and Steve are obviously better than Tamsen but aren't that strong and PIX could win with the right people.

Lets be honest it's more than the anchor. The 10 has some weak reporters and its essentially a repeat of the 5. I also think Mr.G needs to go.

If the numbers are that bad how do you justify keeping anyone?

Otherwise it's same pig - different shade of lipstick.

Effron will be fired in a year. No way it's going to get better when it's already getting worse under him.

Lets be honest it's more than the anchor. The 10 has some weak reporters.

Jay Dow, Marvin Scott, Arthur Chi'en, Kaity Tong, Mary Murphy, Ann Merclogiano and Erica Pitzi are not weak reporters. They are much stronger than the counterparts on WNYW.

Jay Dow, Arthur Chi'en, Ann Merclogiano were all let go from o&o's.

If they're that good they would still be there.

But they're just part of the problem. The ten is a badly produced newscast anchored by someone who is not a main anchor.

I believe the viewers convey that every night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But they're just part of the problem. The ten is a badly produced newscast anchored by someone who is not a main anchor.

Not just any O&Os... the same station. WCBS. Which happens to be the same station that also let Tamsen go... and, in a past iteration, Sukanya. WPIX has just become a cast of past characters from WCBS.

Not just any O&Os... the same station. WCBS. Which happens to be the same station that also let Tamsen go... and, in a past iteration, Sukanya. WPIX has just become a cast of past characters from WCBS.

Actually, Jay Dow, Arthur Chi'en, Ann Merclogiano are all very good and I enjoy their work. The problem here is that their newscasts are not professionally produced. I believe that Tamsen Fadel is a good anchor, but not for the evening newscast. Her voice is far too high and giggly. Actually, the best morning matchup I have seen is Craig Threadway and Lisa Mateo.

The evening newscast should polished, tone down approach.

I hope in the future that Tribune will stop treating WPIX as a step child. The WGN always seemed to have a better, bigger broadcast facility, If Tribune really want WPIX to be successful, they need to throw some money this way for infrastructure and talent.

Archived