Keith Olbermann returning to ESPN

stevieboy247

If he keeps off politics (and his soapbox), this could work. It's a known fact that the man does know his sports, but the opinions need to be pulled back dramatically.

Unfortunately, that's a lot of 'if's, and he's already burned too many bridges as it is.

• 2 months later...

I've watched "Olbermann" a few times and really liked what I saw. It's not like other ESPN shows and that's a good thing.

Paul Lukas from uni-watch.com was on last night and he wrote this on his blog today:

Did you know your name and photo were splashed on the wall behind you?

No. They weren’t actually there — they were just digitally inserted. The back wall of the studio itself was blank. I was surprised when friends sent me screen shots and I saw my name all gigantic-like. I was mainly just happy they spelled it correctly.

I had no idea that Olbermann's set is partially virtual and I almost don't believe it. Very nicely done. (If you haven't seen it yourself or just want to look closer, check out the second video in the post linked above.)

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump, but he's not worthy of another thread. According to an announcement on 'Olbermann' tonight, the show will be cut by a half-hour, but will shift to weeknights at 5pm on ESPN2. In addition, while this might have been tongue-in-cheek, Keith might find his way back to the Sportscenter desk on occasion.

Archived