KSAZ debuts new set

Samantha

KSAZ has gone to a completely new, modern set. I've never seen so much bright blue in my life. Elements include a huge video wall behind the anchors which can be used as a standup area and a standing desk, as well as a large "magic wall" touch screen.

They've also added a raft of new, flashy 3D graphics elements that seem to be produced in house including a new open—seven months after the current Fox O&O package debuted.

Here's a comparison shot of the 2005 set compared to this iteration. There's also a photo album and time lapse video (watch for a wall bearing the 1997 Fox 10 logo!) of the construction; seeing the layout of the studio itself reminds me of the Newscenter 10 newsroom set from the mid-80s. (Given that they've never moved, it probably is the same studio.)

There's also a new morning set with a similar aesthetic and gold scheme; that one debuts tomorrow morning.

Like their 2005 set, this new set was designed and built by Devlin Design Group. (Thanks, TennTV1983!)

Archived