Katie Couric - On to the Next?

CLT-DCA-ORF-PTI

I wouldn't be shocked if NBC is trying to lure Katie back to NBC as we speak. Give Katie and Matt their own newsy talk show in the afternoon, get Matt out at Today. I think that would solve ABC's problem with the failing Katie show and maybe give a fresh start to today.

Just my thoughts!

Meredith can do both better than Katie. Meredith is entertainer/journalist while Katie shines at journalist but is horrible at entertainment. Her talk show is extremely awkward.

I agree with the last part. Katie is great, but something about her and that talk show just doesn't feel natural.

I think Meredith will meet with great success. She has the perfect personality and is very relatable.

I wouldn't be shocked if NBC is trying to lure Katie back to NBC as we speak. Give Katie and Matt their own newsy talk show in the afternoon, get Matt out at Today. I think that would solve ABC's problem with the failing Katie show and maybe give a fresh start to today.

Just my thoughts!

Yup. Matt and Katie would provide the perfect alternative to Kelly and Michael. If Katie is egged on, she can be entertaining, but solo-wise she's a goner.

Yup. Matt and Katie would provide the perfect alternative to Kelly and Michael. If Katie is egged on, she can be entertaining, but solo-wise she's a goner.

Replace the unnecessary 3rd hour (Today's Take) with "Later Today," basically another hour with more news and light hearted stories and interviews hosted by Katie and Matt. Wishful thinking, I know.

Archived