KPRC Debuts New Set

NewsStar2

Damn, that looks good. Makes me wonder what KSAT will get when they move into their new building (really, just an addition to the existing building) next year. I hope they don't keep their stupid virtual set.

I hope they repaint their chopper, it still isn't branded 'Local 2' and I don't think it's been repainted since the mid-90's (atleast to my knowledge).

I don't know what this has to with the new set, but OK. Doesn't KPRC pool a chopper with KHOU and KRIV? If so, wouldn't the paint scheme be neutral? (I have no clue who's chopper they use...)

I hope they repaint their chopper, it still isn't branded 'Local 2' and I don't think it's been repainted since the mid-90's (atleast to my knowledge).

I don't think KPRC's chopper is going to be paint-branded period, considering they, KRIV and KHOU share a single unit. They are each branded differently on-air, but none of the stations have their own chopper anymore. Flip between the stations during a chopper-fed breaking news coverage and you'll see the same shot from the same angle on all three stations.

Then flip over to 13 and you'll see they have a slightly different angle, since they are the only Houston station that operates their own helicopter.

I really like this set. It's very current and is a big surprise. Now KTRK needs to get a new set.

Considering what KTRK previously used, their set isn't too bad. I'm not clamoring for them to get a new set anytime soon. KHOU's set is also nice.

KRIV is the one who needs a new set now.

The question is, who built that beautiful set?

The Answer...

http://www.displayworks.com/company-news/kprc-local-2-new-studio-set-built-in-houston-by-displayworks

The new studio project began many months back. It started with an initial set design by WrightSet – who embraces a “locally grown” concept for set builds that KPRC fully supported, with the decision to produce the set right here in Houston. DisplayWorks’ local Houston facility and high-end fabrication experience earned the trust of the project team and we proudly accepted the job. Over a 5-6 week period the set came to life in our shop with its engineers, fabricators and graphics team hard at work perfecting all the beautiful details of the design.

Archived