ABC 7 - Switching to the Eyewitness News Package?

Vlad

I'm not a native of Chicago, but I noticed that on YouTube someone posted that video below. That is clearly a cut of Eyewitness News. And it was not modified or anything because the announcer's voice can clearly be heard. Is WLS finally phasing out News Series 2000 Plus? I really hope that is not the case. It has been said that the 5 and 6PM promos and teases have also used cuts of the Eyewitness News package rather than News Series 2000 Plus, their signature package. Anyway I really hope that is not the case, as News Series 2000 Plus really definies what WLS is and also makes them more recognizable and also not to mention how much better News Series 2000 Plus sounds with them.

[yt=425,350]J2Wrh0vBM_U#DpzIFEeG11Y[/yt]

-Vlad

As far as this goes, I know that they won't switched to the infamous Eyewitness News Package. They've been using that cut since about early May to promote descriptive news stories and other exclusive news items from their website at abc7chicago.com. They only show these promos on their 4pm newscast. This is right around the same time that they previously use their promos for their upcoming 5 & 6pm newscast (which they still used that News Series 2000 Plus cut for those promos) which they haven't done since they started using these promos. WLS also use one of the Series 1 Cut from their "Chicago Close-Up" segment on the 4pm newscast. Now for those five-second anchor tags, they currently use a couple of cuts from the WABC 1999 Update of EWN for those cuts.

That cut of Eyewitness News actually fits well with the graphics. If WLS were to use Eyewitness News, which I know won't happen, I would like to see them using the beginning series and maybe the updates before New Generation.

Archived