New Media General/Young Package

TampaBowler

The bottom third graphics look a bit similar to the current Scripps graphics package without that "hashtag" box on the left-hand side.

Actually, the more I watch that video, the more I'm reminded of KSN's graphics for some reason, almost as if this is an "updated" version to them, especially in the L3's.

(ksnw that is. not ksnf)

Let me edit this now that I'm watching it again. I am reminded of three things: WPTV's old 2008 package, KSNW's current graphics and Gannett's current graphics as well.

2D's back in style throughout the design world lately...maybe it's the gradients you don't like? They do look early 2000s...

I notice they're using Museo Sans as the typeface, like they are for the WCMH stuff. Is WFLA not going to get that stuff, or is MG not slapping that onto all of the stations after all?

The WNCN Open looks way different from the package used by the rest of the MG stations, but moves the same. Makes me think that instead of circles they just used a triangle theme in the same package.

As you can see,. WCMH uses the same font as WFLA does. Makes me wonder if it isn't just the same package but with a different twist to it like WNCN? It doesn't move quite the same way, though. I wonder why they did something different.

WCMH_StudentsNotProficient.jpg

Archived