Wolf Blitzer

milwaukee

My opinion of Blitzer in one word:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Seriously. I can't stand when I'm watching CNN International (you know, the good one) for a big international story, and it's being covered just fine by the CNN International anchors, and then Blitzer shows up to deliver the news LIVE TO OUR VIEWERS IN THE US AND AROUND THE WORLD.

Also, he helped contribute to CNN's huge gaffe during the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare. Yes, it was bad either way, but his delivery made it a thousand times worse.

Seriously, they have Jake Tapper now. WHY DOES BLITZER NEED TO BE THE BREAKING NEWS ANCHOR WHY

My opinion of Blitzer in one word:

HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Seriously. I can't stand when I'm watching CNN International (you know, the good one) for a big international story, and it's being covered just fine by the CNN International anchors, and then Blitzer shows up to deliver the news LIVE TO OUR VIEWERS IN THE US AND AROUND THE WORLD.

Also, he helped contribute to CNN's huge gaffe during the Supreme Court ruling on Obamacare. Yes, it was bad either way, but his delivery made it a thousand times worse.

Seriously, they have Jake Tapper now. WHY DOES BLITZER NEED TO BE THE BREAKING NEWS ANCHOR WHY

I'm glad you brought up the comparison of Tapper and Blitzer. It is hard to comprehend how Wolf maintains such a high profile at the network. His personality is severely lacking, which isn't exactly new news, but it leaves a lot to be desired in high-emotion breaking news situations. Now, I'm not saying an anchor should insert themselves into a story by laughing, crying, etc (they've got Don Lemon to do that), but Wolf's 'bleh' attitude contributes nothing to the potential importance of a story. Tapper, on the other hand, does a far superior job where Wolf comes up short. Jake's personality, albeit a little dry, makes me want to listen. He's able to change his mood and demeanor at the drop of a hat to do sad news, fluff, and even sports. The clearest comparison of the two gentlemen comes when Jake throws to the 'Situation Room' every afternoon. Tapper ends the broadcast with some light story, which usually sets up a joke or witty remark. He frequently tries to pull Wolf into the exchange, but when the camera switches to Blitzer, he utters a quick 'thank you' and goes off into his show, never reciprocating the mood of Tapper with so much as a smile.

This has been my two cents. Carry on as you were.

Archived