Phillyvideofan YouTube

Phillyhere

Hello folks, after close to four years and 1,654 videos--I now pull the curtain. I have uploaded all of my tapes, which numbered close to 250, and encompassed close to twenty-five years (from 1981 to 2002). It has been a blast. My hope is that many of you enjoy some of these videos as much as I did! Who knew, when I was recording this stuff back in the 80's and early 90's, that there would be something called the "internet"? In recording this stuff, I really had no idea what I'd do with all these tapes. Then, one day, while cleaning out my basement, I thought--"self...why not put this stuff on YT so others might enjoy"? So, off to Best Buy I went to purchase a video file transfer program. Then, I had to teach myself how to work the darn thing. You can tell from my earliest uploads to the later ones that my editing talent got better over the years. Now, the rest is history. Bon voyage my friends...and...ENJOY!

Oh man let me just say how much I have enjoyed all of your videos! I always wondered if you had recorded them back in 90s with any idea that they would be viewed by anyone else but yourself so it's cool to hear the backstory. Thanks so much for the uploads!

I love watching your videos; very insightful on the history side of both Philadelphia television and television history as a whole. I really hope your account doesn't get taken down, everybody should see your videos.

Nice job!

Thanks guys for all the nice words. My first account was taken down which equated to six months of work and 627 videos which aren't among the ones now. I had some neat stuff from 1980 and early '81. I sold those tapes so couldn't re-upload them. One was the live coverage of the assassination attempt on President Reagan where ABC's Frank Reynolds was given wrong information that Reagan had died. He made the correction on-air along with an angry retort of "let's get this right!".

At any rate, if anyone has stuff they've recorded that is just sitting around WAITING TO BE UPLOADED -- but you don't have the software to convert them, let me know. I have Pinnacle 12 software that I don't want to just throw out...

Archived