KNTV Weather Graphics

Geoffrey

NBC Bay Area recently upgraded their weather graphics... Here's a video: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/news/local/Nov--11-Weather-Forecast/231430591

They have the seven-day forecast for each region/"microclimate" on the bottom of the screen during the entire presentation. On the forecast graphics, they have what appears to be live shots for the five regions at the same time, which is pretty neat.

It also looks like they're using a touchscreen to advance the maps and move around the radar.

I wonder if this look will spread to other O&Os?

Yeah, it reminds me of NBC 10's First Alert - forecasts for every part of the region, although theirs uses a traditional weather map style. (This one strikes me because they use the map as little as possible here.) 6ABC took the concept when they upgraded their weather systems a few months later.

I will say that having the seven-day on the lower third for the entire segment is genius.

Archived