No More Sunday 10:00 AM News on ABC7

Joey1986

I noticed that as of today that ABC7 no longer has a 10:00 AM edition of Eyewitness News Sunday Morning. There was no announcement that I could find about that newscast being discontinued. I looked at the program guide on my cable box, which goes two weeks into the future, and it has other programming listed for the 10:00 AM Sunday slot for next week, too. Anyone know what happened?

I noticed that as of today that ABC7 no longer has a 10:00 AM edition of Eyewitness News Sunday Morning. There was no announcement that I could find about that newscast being discontinued. I looked at the program guide on my cable box, which goes two weeks into the future, and it has other programming listed for the 10:00 AM Sunday slot for next week, too. Anyone know what happened?

This is probably temporary. On the guides, it shows that full 3-hour Litton Weekend Adventure airing on Sunday for about two weeks (today and 12/8), while ABC airs the last week of College Football, airing on the Litton block (9am). So the 10am news might come back on 12/15 (Litton block returns on the regular Saturday time on 12/14). Of course the station is required to air the block for obvious reasons.

Of course the 10am news might be temporary pre-empted again, once NBA coverage begins. The 9am news would be truncated to just a half hour, so it can show the preshow at 9:30am.

Archived