News 12 Long Island's Judy Martin Passes Away

Geoffrey

image.JPG

Judy Martin, who regularly filled in at News 12 Long Island, passed away last night, just one week after her 49th birthday. Newsday reports police were called to her house at 7:30 last night.

She last anchored Thursday night. Strangely, anchor Stone Grissom tweeted yesterday at 4:55 that Judy was anchoring with him at 5... but she never did.

Judy first appeared on News 12 in 1988 and had also worked for CNBC and NPR.

On a personal note, Judy was awesome to this production assistant more than five years ago, as well as everyone else who ever worked with or met her. Her positivity will be deeply missed.

Judy was a class act and a tremendous woman. One of those generous and gentle human beings that make you appreciate life. Rest in Peace Judy, you will be missed.

It seems odd that 5 minutes before the broadcast Stone would tweet she was co-anchoring. Unless he assumed she was running late...her last tweet was 3:19pm.

Newsday reports the family says she died of natural causes.

"Martin last appeared on the anchor desk Thursday night. She had been scheduled to anchor the 5 p.m. Friday broadcast but didn't show up, raising concerns, the station said."

I still don't understand how her co-anchor tweeted that she was anchoring with him in five minutes when she wasn't there.

There is definitely more to this story. Surprising that the coroners' report has not be publicized or released. While foul play is not likely at work here, I also suspect it is not natural causes. Perhaps suicide/depression? I suppose we will never know.

There is definitely more to this story. Surprising that the coroners' report has not be publicized or released. While foul play is not likely at work here, I also suspect it is not natural causes. Perhaps suicide/depression? I suppose we will never know.

And it's really nobody's business.

Archived