Stations that mix old and new music packages

When I was interning at WMC, I had to go out and help the production crew on a remote (it was the "Taking Back Our Neighborhoods" thing they had at Rhodes College, for those familiar with the Memphis market). Anyway, I noticed that the open for this hour long program used cuts from "Turn To News", which was replaced by "The One and Only", then replaced by "News Now" from the "NBC Collection".

Also, the Mr Food segment uses a cut from "The One and Only".

Do any other stations do this? I suppose since all the forementioned packages are Gari Communications music that as long as they are still paying them that they can use all of them in any way they want...

KNSD mixes the Edd Kalehoff - Groove News for the Morning Show and NBC Stations (what I call the talent open for KSNT heard on the 2nd cut on Southernmedia) the Afternoon and Evening Newscasts, bumpers and Promos for both Evening and Now Morning

The Morning Promos are no longer using the custom instrumental cut of "615 Music - Its a New Day" campaign when Meridith Arrived. In my Opinion, they should just use Groove News for the Morning Promo since they are using that theme for the Morning Show

However, the 4 second teaser promos on commercial breaks during NBC Programming, KNSD uses another cut of the NBC Stations theme that was used during the Old Afternoon Opens

KUSI uses the old package of "The One and Only" for Good Morning San Diego and still uses various cuts for every commercial break. But as of the 6pm, 10, and 11 newscasts, they have been using 1 cut of the new generation package of "The One and Only" for Bumpers, no longer using various themes and now use a new Closing theme. And the old news close for KUSI News at Ten is now the Opening theme for its 10 and 11 Newscasts.

KTLA still uses Flashpoint at the End of the Newscast Credits for the Tribune Broadcasting ID.

Archived