WFLA New Set

10Viewer

WFLA in Tampa is constructing a new set.

Photos on their facebook page show a complete overhaul of their 14 year old digs is underway. The set dates to March 2000 when newscasts debuted from "The News Center" facility in downtown Tampa.

The station also has a new news director, Bill Berra, who came from WTMJ and also worked at rival WFTS.

http://www.wfla.com/story/25119371/news-channel-8s-set-teardown-and-rebuild

It's about time, that set has not aged well. I wonder who's designing it? FX Group (who designed the outgoing set)? BDI? Devlin? Clickspring?

I'm very curious to see what Bill Berra does with channel 8. He really shook things up at WFTS; so much so he shook the 28 off.

Wow. That is a long time. The only other set that's lasted down there that long is WTVT's newsroom window, and I'm pretty sure that's been through four sets by this point.

Correct. The best look was the 1999-2007 set.

I think they might be, the ex-Spartan stations have old sets? Also a hint that WALA will be the one sold off?

Or are they investing in WKRG in order to get a better selling price? When the old Emmis stations were sold to LIN, Emmis was required to make major upgrades to many of the stations. Specifically WALA and WTHI.

I don't think it's too far fetched to say that MG is priming to sell also.

Or are they investing in WKRG in order to get a better selling price? When the old Emmis stations were sold to LIN, Emmis was required to make major upgrades to many of the stations. Specifically WALA and WTHI.

I don't think it's too far fetched to say that MG is priming to sell also.

No way. Once they decide to sell something, they stop spending money on the operation--All capital spending ceases. Besides, the idea that they would sell a legacy station like WKRG for a Fox station? I don't see it happening. That simply isn't how things work.

Who wants to bet it will be a clone of what WCMH has?

Though it's got some ugly FX elements, overall WCMH doesn't have a bad set.

23729326_BG2.jpg

521674837_wcmhnewset.JPG.633ec3d1a1048829cccd78119b54b5ba.JPG

Archived