SINCLAIR FILES FOR BANKRUPCY!!!!!

NEOMatrix

Fun (real) fact about Sinclair: they spent $2.1 billion on television station acquisitions through Dec. 31, 2013 (source: Sinclair 2013 10-K).

Frankly a collapse down the road due to debt issues or a bad economy would not surprise me with this company.

Fun (real) fact about Sinclair: they spent $2.1 billion on television station acquisitions through Dec. 31, 2013 (source: Sinclair 2013 10-K).

Frankly a collapse down the road due to debt issues or a bad economy would not surprise me with this company.

I think it's coming soon and very soon.

I agree, out of all the April Fools day posts, this one would be the most believable just because of all the risk they're taking with piling on the debt to feed their ridiculous acquisitions.

Especially considering they were close to filing for Chapter 11 back in 2009.

If only! Hell.

But serious question, how much in debt is Sinclair and how are they able to keep operating?

Raymie will probably be better able to answer it, but it seems like Sinclair's plan is to buy these stations with debt and hopefully pay off that debt and make a profit with the revenue these additional stations would make with retransmission fees and political advertising.

It's a pretty stupid plan but like I said before, these are the same people that almost drove them into Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Sinclair nearly collapsed? You would think Massa David would've learned his lesson by now.

Yep, seems just like yesterday.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/15/business/fi-ct-sinclair15

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/businessnews/2009/07/15/Sinclair-Broadcast-could-face-Chapter-11/stories/200907150230

Archived