WCPO Debuts New Set

TennTV1983

A few days after WXIX debuted their new set, WCPO, the Scripps-owned ABC affiliate in Cincinnati, did the same as of noon today, courtesy of Park Place Design (the same company that designed KGTV's new set). NewscastStudio already has a story up on the new digs as well as pictures:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2014/04/21/cincinnati-abc-affiliate-debuts-new-set/

IMHO, this actually looks better than what KGTV got. Now if only WMAR could receive the same treatment.

Not impressed. Too simple, just don't like it. Tries too hard to look modern.

My biggest thing is how dull and boring it looks, it may upgrade several aging and lousy sets but it's pretty bad looking for aesthetics and spacing, it looks tiny.

Agreed. It sucks.

Actually, its a number two in the Cincinnati DMA and has been since the early 2000s. WCPO actually used to be market leader until WKRC overtook them. However, its ratings downfall is nowhere near WMAR's or even WEWS'.

WKRC has been Number One since the Nick Clooney years and followed with the Rob Braun (son of Bob Braun) years. They were down for awhile until WCPO took back the ABC affiliation. WKRC has had a pretty solid run since they returned to CBS.

I know this has nothing to do with news, but I was going to share one of my favorite YouTube clips. The Bob Braun Show with David Cassidy and Jack Hanna and his animals as guests. One of Jack's animals takes a dump in the risers at about 3:00.

Archived