Rick Chambers at KSWB

1place4news

I was surprised to see him as well. He started yesterday evening. Not sure what happens with Andrew Luria but Rick has better chemistry with Kathleen and the gang than Andrew. I can bet 100% that Corsini made this move since he now manages KTLA and KSWB. Either way, I am a big fan of the move.

I was surprised to see him as well. He started yesterday evening. Not sure what happens with Andrew Luria but Rick has better chemistry with Kathleen and the gang than Andrew. I can bet 100% that Corsini made this move since he now manages KTLA and KSWB. Either way, I am a big fan of the move.

Maybe just focus on the 5, or shift to weekends? I thought for a while that when Walter Makaula was temporarily anchoring weeknights for Loren Nancarrow, I thought for sure he (Walter) was gonna get the weeknight shift since it didn't seem like Loren was going to return (Sadly he passed away) but I guess they brought in Andrew Luria, and Walter left for Miami and WFOR to anchor weekday mornings there.

Maybe just focus on the 5, or shift to weekends? I thought for a while that when Walter Makaula was temporarily anchoring weeknights for Loren Nancarrow, I thought for sure he (Walter) was gonna get the weeknight shift since it didn't seem like Loren was going to return (Sadly he passed away) but I guess they brought in Andrew Luria, and Walter left for Miami and WFOR to anchor weekday mornings there.

That's what I thought as well, but then I tuned in tonight at 5 and Rick was on with Kathleen. It's weird to say the least. Maybe they're moving Andrew to weekends?

I did a little digging on Twitter and found that 5pm anchor Jenn Karlman started her maternity leave this week, and Kathleen Bade posted a few days ago about having a special "guest anchor", which leads me to believe Rick's stint is only temporary, much like when Jim Nash was sent down to help re-launch the news department back in 2008. It's too bad because Rick's great and, as was previously mentioned, pairs very well with Kathleen. If Luria's not in the mix I wonder if Kathleen will keep getting different co-anchors until Jenn comes back. Maybe Paul Bloom drops by? Or what if Phil Blauer, who was apparently (and foolishly) let go by KFMB, gets a shot or two? It's pretty lame that they apparently don't think highly enough of any of their reporters to fill-in on the anchor desk and they turn to transfers or freelancers.

I can bet 100% that Corsini made this move since he now manages KTLA and KSWB. Either way, I am a big fan of the move.

Former Sales GM Scott Heath was recently named the staton's VP/Station Manager, but he reports directly to Corsini, so it can't be ruled out.

Also: Rick looks almost exactly the same as he did when he was anchoring at KCOP 15 years ago. Now that's some good genes.. or good docs.

I did a little digging on Twitter and found that 5pm anchor Jenn Karlman started her maternity leave this week, and Kathleen Bade posted a few days ago about having a special "guest anchor", which leads me to believe Rick's stint is only temporary, much like when Jim Nash was sent down to help re-launch the news department back in 2008. It's too bad because Rick's great and, as was previously mentioned, pairs very well with Kathleen. If Luria's not in the mix I wonder if Kathleen will keep getting different co-anchors until Jenn comes back. Maybe Paul Bloom drops by? Or what if Phil Blauer, who was apparently (and foolishly) let go by KFMB, gets a shot or two? It's pretty lame that they apparently don't think highly enough of any of their reporters to fill-in on the anchor desk and they turn to transfers or freelancers.

Former Sales GM Scott Heath was recently named the staton's VP/Station Manager, but he reports directly to Corsini, so it can't be ruled out.

Also: Rick looks almost exactly the same as he did when he was anchoring at KCOP 15 years ago. Now that's some good genes.. or good docs.

It's weird that they would have a guest anchor on the 10pm when that's Andrew's spot. Something is definitely up. Hopefully Rick can stay when Jenn comes back.

It's weird that they would have a guest anchor on the 10pm when that's Andrew's spot. Something is definitely up. Hopefully Rick can stay when Jenn comes back.

It would be nice, but I just can't see Rick leaving LA for that job, even if it is weeknights.

Archived