WHTM and Media General

tyrannical bastard

Since a sub-discussion has formed in the never-ending Sinclair thread...I've started this topic to discuss how Media General is going to mold WHTM in their image....

Whatever Media General has to offer is more than likely going to be world's better than the current Allbritton package. If they're as social media heavy as I'm reading here, then the WVTM/WKRG package may work. That all depends on once the LIN merger takes place, and a drastic change could be coming to ALL stations....

I believe that WHTM will be better under MG..... BWHAHA HA HA!

Sorry, I can't say that with a straight face after seeing what it done to WCMH! WHTM will continue down the road to sucking!

Media General post-LIN merger will be quite a bit different at the top. I don't see a WCMH here just for that factor alone.

With Sadusky taking the helm of the new Media General, expect WHTM to be more like a LIN station than any of MG's pre-LIN, pre-Young stations. Although, I hope MG dosen't decide to rebrand WHTM from ABC27 to "WHTM 27" and rip off WKBN's (now mutated) look.

• 2 months later...

With Sadusky taking the helm of the new Media General, expect WHTM to be more like a LIN station than any of MG's pre-LIN, pre-Young stations. Although, I hope MG dosen't decide to rebrand WHTM from ABC27 to "WHTM 27" and rip off WKBN's (now mutated) look.

John Christopher Burns is on line 1, with his WVTM package an endangered species. That said the 2008 WKBN logo was based on something very, very specific, the Art Deco/Streamline Moderne lettering at the station's building.

Which package are you talking about, the "rotating TARDIS console" package they had until earlier this year?

No, that was the old GO package. The one he's talking about is the package currently used at WVTM and WKRG, which was designed by jcbD.

Archived