Post-Newsweek Stations Site Redesign?

sanewsguy

There's a reason I'm not necessarily putting this in speculation. KSAT has been running promos all weekend saying that today, Monday, KSAT.com is to get a redesign that will look great no matter what screen you're viewing it on, whether it be mobile, tablet or a desktop. They're going responsive in other terms. So later today, KSAT.com should be getting a redesign.

In fact, a few minutes ago, KSAT ran a promo saying "check out the new KSAT.com, online NOW." Obviously it's not online yet but I guess they're getting the promos into the cycle. They kinda showed a preview of it but it was mostly blurred. I also can't find anything online confirming this, but take my word for it, because proof is out there. KSAT's running promos.

Guest NewsHound

KSAT's new site is online now, but you have to click the banner at the top of their old one to get to their new one.

http://b.ksat.com

I'm on my iPhone and it is indeed responsive. However, looks too much like a WordPress VIP job than anything. Not terrible, but the colors of the mobile version don't fit with KSAT's red logo.

Too bland, I don't care for it honestly, though I was already avoiding KSAT's site to begin with due to the overreliance of click bait, "weird" news stories, and national stories that have little to do with San Antonio.

Guest NewsHound

Slightly off topic, but I kind of like the LA Times' redesign. It caught my eye.

http://www.latimes.com/

It is off-topic, shame on you! Nah, jk! :awesome:

Yeah, LA Times is how a newspaper site should do their website, making it a digital responsive version of their newspaper right down to the masthead. Bravo!

Now, as far as the new KSAT site, it seems to be a mish-mash of ABC O&O, Gannett, and Tribune's sites all rolled into one. I seriously think its WordPress VIP.

You can just go to ksat.com to get to the new site now. They have removed the old one. KSAT seems to be the test station, since the rest are still using IB for their sites. Also wondering if the sale of IB to Nexstar had anything to do with PNS moving away from IB?

And they have managed to plaster "Expect more." all over the new site. Grr...

At least it's not as bad as it is on TV. They literally can't go 15 seconds without mentioning it. It's even in their bug for syndicated programs now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest NewsHound
Add WJXT to the list, and that leaves WDIV the last station standing.

Graham has officially moved away from IB. WDIV has the new layout, and as an additional touch, their logo spins between the Local 4 and Click On Detroit logo.

Archived