Atlanta Alive (11Alive Morning show)

morningnewsexecutive

Vote using the hashtags below  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Vote using the hashtags below

• #ATLAliveyes
    • #ATLAliveno

So 11Alive debuted their new morning show, Atlanta Alive, this morning and I had a buddy send me the whole broadcast (4:30-7) and I was honestly not impressed. They made this big ordeal about bringing Vinnie Politan from HLN and honestly not much changed in the morning show. The desk moved, new news anchor (who gives the headlines from the "information center"), and doing the morning moment. I was extremely disappointed. I really was expecting something big or even good. :bang: :mad:

I couldn't see the whole thing, but I managed to catch the first two minutes or so. First, WXIA isn't using This is Home, they're using a package that I couldn't quite put my fingers on. Second, the open looks like something Hothaus created, not G3, but they're using the G3 lower thirds/rundown/time-temp bug.

I cannot with this "revamp" is quite possibly the worst moves of this current ND. They need to bring back "Today in Atlanta" and just stick to that format rather than this "Atlanta Alive"...

Clearly they want "Atlanta Alive" to be in the lines of "Good Day Atlanta" or "Better Mornings Atlanta", but this ND seems to be very bipolar with her direction of how news should be on 11Alive. Remember she said local news stink, and she doesn't want to follow the competition i.e. WSB/2 & WAGA/5.

11Alive has had a history of being stuck at #3, but were times where it best WSB for #1 and even WAGA for #2, but of course each decade has provided something different. However Gannett makes alot of $$$ from this station, but seems like over the last few years they've tighten the purse strings on the budget.

Their biggest problem is Ellen Crooke and if Gannett could place a director who can get results than this station could move forward. Ellen seems to be directionless as a news director. She wants her station to be warm and fuzzy, etc..

Clearly they want "Atlanta Alive" to be in the lines of "Good Day Atlanta" or "Better Mornings Atlanta", but this ND seems to be very bipolar with her direction of how news should be on 11Alive. Remember she said local news stink, and she doesn't want to follow the competition i.e. WSB/2 & WAGA/5.

11Alive has had a history of being stuck at #3, but were times where it best WSB for #1 and even WAGA for #2, but of course each decade has provided something different. However Gannett makes alot of $$$ from this station, but seems like over the last few years they've tighten the purse strings on the budget.

Their biggest problem is Ellen Crooke and if Gannett could place a director who can get results than this station could move forward. Ellen seems to be directionless as a news director. She wants her station to be warm and fuzzy, etc..

I agree because 11Alive reminds me too much of WMAZ or WBIR, both of those stations are market leaders and can play upon the warm and fuzzy stuff considering their market sizes and dominance. 11Alive seems to have an identity crisis where they want to be that but also one of the largest non-O&O NBC affiliates in the country. It just doesn't go together...

They need to bring back "Today in Atlanta" and stick with that news format for the mornings.

• 11 months later...

Archived