New host for Daily Rundown and new Chief White House Correspondent for MSNBC/NBC

nbcnewyork2014

I doubt that they will use Chris Jansing but she was named the Senior White House Correspondent and doubt she would return so quickly to hosting her own show. From what I have seen Kristin Welker and Peter Alexander are the best options to take over hosting The Daily Rundown. I agree that it would be a long shot (and a demotion) for Lester Holt if he were to be appointed the Chief White House Correspondent.

As for Luke Russert - I care for him. I know when his father died he was given the job as a youth correspondent, but most recently has been a congressional reporter. I do realize that if he hasn't grown as a reporter they wouldn't have kept him on this long. When he guest hosts on The Daily Rundown or on the Cycle I can't shake the feeling that he could be reading the teleprompter from some nerdy fraternity. He just gives off this vibe of being a fraternity "bro".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived