John Slattery

nbcnewyork2014

CBS 2 had a great tribute to John, with Dana Tyler reporting on all that he did, the stories he reported on, and his dry humor that could NOT be copied in any way, shape, or form. I like how CBS 2 had a little moment of silence at the end of the first block of the 5pm newscast. It was really a perfect tribute. You can watch it here:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/10624630-cbs-2-remembers-veteran-reporter-john-slattery/

I saw the 6:00 version as well as the 5:00 and noon. I had to distract myself by looking at the lovely graphics WCBS used in the early 90s because I started to tear up. Kristine just lost it before and after Dana's package. Apparently he filed a story yesterday and now he's gone. I guess that's how heart attacks can occur, I've wondered if he had prior health problems. Anyways its a sad day in the NY media :(

Sad news has befallen the NY City metro area (and NY City signal overlap area around New Haven, Connecticut): Longtime CBS 2 News WCBS and sister TV 10/55 News at 9 WLNY reporter John Slattery passed away early Thursday 9/25/14 of a heart attack at his home in Larchmont in suburban Westchester County, NY. He was just a couple of days away from turning 64 and days from his 30th anniversary month with WCBS-TV. Previously he spent a few years as a reporter on NY City's WABC Channel 7 Eyewitness News. He was a good reporter and will be missed. Condolences go out to his family.

Archived