Filling the Void?

CalebStoner

So, I was trying to find out when the Yule Log was on KTLA and then, I got a little scroll happy.

Monday, December 29, Tuesday, December 30: KTLA has news programming at 2:00pm and 3:00pm. I keep on scrolling all the way to Monday, January 3rd where it says "new KTLA News at 3:00pm" Maybe, I'm freaking out about nothing?

I wonder who will anchor and such?

Looks like KTLA is adding a permanent 1 hour newscast at 3 P.M. My guide has it showing for the next 2 weeks too. As the first poster said, they also have a 2 p.m. newscast scheduled on 12/29 through 12/31. Coincidentally, 12/29 is the first date that KCAL's new schedule takes effect without its 2 and 3 p.m. newscasts. Maybe KTLA is airing those special newscasts at 2 p.m. those days for people looking to tune into KCAL's and will use the 2 p.m. newscasts to promote their new 3 p.m. Starting Friday 1/2, Celebrity Name Game is scheduled at 2 p.m. and is sandwiched between KTLA News at 1 and KTLA News at 3.

Today, 1/1, I started seeing advertisements for the new 3 p.m. newscast. Glen Walker and Lu Parker are featured as the anchors. I wonder if Lu will continue anchoring the weekend morning news as well? That would be 7 days a week anchoring.

I recall that someone from KTLA's staff said there will be a shift in anchoring duties on the newscasts. I do hope Wendy Burch goes back with Chris Burrous on the Weekend Morning news, they are a good team. But with Wendy's birth, I don't know about that. We will wait and see.

Archived