Worst logos

Guest cfif

I know we've had this topic in the past, but I'd like to see what people think are the absolute worst station logos.

Please back up your "nomination" (for lack of a better word) with an explanation...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

KREM2007.jpg

KREM - Spokane

The station apparently tried to make a logo that looked modern, but it ended up looking like a logo for some children's clothing store.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Kren_cw_tv_logo.PNG

WCWG20.jpg

WLGA_2006.gif

Pappas CW affiliate logos

Just a mess....the overlapping is just awful, I don't know why they couldn't have continued using their previous logo style:

WLGA_Logo.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________________

MyKLAF-2006.png

KLAF-LP Opelousas / Lafayette, LA

I never got why so many My affils (ex. WRDC / WTVZ) think this style (calls/etc.extending outside of the bottom right area) is good. It just looks incredibly stupid having the calls extending so far out of the right box.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll post some more later.

Hands down winner... WLUC.

wluc.jpg

Horrible fonts and the 80s 3D effect.

Then there's WTKR's short-lived TV-3 logo from the mid 90s, seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2LVYPB5-yc

I don't know what the creative department was on when they decided on using a orange and white graphics package with a bluish-purple logo. That whole look at the time was poorly executed.

This one is arguable... WRIC.

WRIC.jpg

It looks pretty cool, but it's... odd. It looked better in a circle.

wric.jpg

I think this one speaks for itself:

WJJA.png

And they've used this for at least 6 years!

One word: ewww

I actually kinda like KREM's new logo, gives them a modern new look. Least they aren't using Propulsion with that (In-Sink all the way!), if they did, now that would make your thoughts even worse.

Guest GForceTV

I like that KREM logo.

Some very horrible logos from across the pond:

c3ne1996ident6.jpg

The "Channel 3 Northeast" logo. This replaced the ITV affiliate Tyne Tees for two years, until people complained and the Tyne Tees name was brought back. Rumor has it that the logo and ident were both completed in one afternoon.

st0_191.jpg

The Yorkshire Television still slide. It faded up with loud trumpet music and gave many a kid the heebie-jeebies.

ITV_Logo.jpg

The ITV1 logo used from 2002-2006. It was a modification of a previous (and better) logo. Frankly, it looked like someone went crazy with bevels and lighting effects in Photoshop.

02-ident-itv1.jpg

The previous one, for reference.

wbir.gif

It looks like the bought their logo at a Gatlinburg craft store. Might work for WTSP though.

correction: instead of buying their logo in a craft store, TSP probably bought theirs in a crap store (along with their news department)

Guest Junk Junk
correction: instead of buying their logo in a craft store, TSP probably bought theirs in a crap store (along with their news department)

How long have you been waiting to use that line?!

I'm kidding, I'm kidding...

:o

How dare you say the circle 7 is outdated...I'm kidding. I have to agree, it is getting to be an old concept.

I agree also that the circle 7 is outdated! Time for something new ABC!

Careful...because if they hear that, we might hear a promo from a certain song (with similar words to your post) from a certain movie for a certain sister network of ABC. ;)

Shouldn't there be some ways to freshen it? I would say the old WJLA "stylized" 7, but that originated in '70, making it almost as old.

BTW, I may post an assortment of crummy logos later tonight.

I know it's two days late, but here's some of the logo cornucopia of ugliness...

KTRK "Tail" logo (1970s-90) (it's supposed to be classic, but it doesn't look right to me for some reason)

WRIC (Circle 8) (1990s-2004): Is there a decent looking way to design a Circle 8?

KCBS (1988-94): "The Tube" logo

WVEC (1970s): Go, Big Pink...NOT!!!

WVLT (mid-80s, as NBC affiliate): If this is the best logo to go with that peacock, be glad that they switched to CBS.

KTRK "Tail" logo (1970s-90) (it's supposed to be classic, but it doesn't look right to me for some reason)

You're an octopus.

The original was introduced in 1973 and was askew to the left a bit during news programs, but as in that pic for all other shows. The 'tail' was trimmed in 1985-86, and the stylized flag background was added in 1992. It was dropped by mid-'95.

However, I can't help but mention the following for your parade of the horrible...

KZTV85logo.jpg

As someone who spent a fair amount of time in and around Corpus Christi growing up, the fact that the above image & ID usually included a V/O from someone who sounded like someone who was in the later stages of Emphysema... yeah. Par for the course.

OMG, it's "NBC 13 Indianapolis"

Call A@#$ine N!@#es!

I'm sorry but they've never been called NBC 13, however there is a NBC 13 in Birmingham if that's what your looking for. lol :) :D

BTW who thinks Channel 13 (NBC 13 Indianapolis) needs a new graphics package???

OMG, it's "NBC 13 Indianapolis"

Call A@#$ine N!@#es!

I'm sorry but they've never been called NBC 13, however there is a NBC 13 in Birmingham if that's what your looking for. lol :D :D

BTW who thinks Channel 13 (NBC 13 Indianapolis) needs a new graphics package???

You must have missed the threads. Biggest joke of the year, really.

And not me. I love WTHR's current look.

Archived