WPDE is getting a New Set and Look

Daybreak

Well my guesses were correct, WPDE is getting a new set and looking in the coming weeks (May Sweeps???). It seems like they are going to start broadcasting in HD with this change. I couldn't be happier for them. Even though they have the youngest set in the market (i.e. 2010), it did not aged well at all. Sinclair is finally investing in a station that really needs it. Here is a video of the change to come.

Here are some pics of the temp set:

pic 1

pic 2

Here is the set they are replacing (Basically a replica of WAVY set in Norfolk,VA)

Their old set had potential, but it was poorly lit, resulting in the washed-out appearance of the duratrans and glaring on reflective sources.

The question is, will they go all out with a new Devlin set like their legacy stations or a more stripped-down version like what KGBT got?

It did have a lot of potential but this what happens when they got local people to do the set. It was truly an in-house job all around. The duratrans behind the anchors is actually a poorly lit projection that they improved a month of so later. At the time, everybody was so happy they finally got rid of that 16 year old set that anything would have done. But whatever they get this time around, it would be an improvement to what they had. Hopefully they get some versions of WGME, KOKH, WPMI, or WZTV but that's wishful thinking.

Their old set had potential, but it was poorly lit, resulting in the washed-out appearance of the duratrans and glaring on reflective sources.

The question is, will they go all out with a new Devlin set like their legacy stations or a more stripped-down version like what KGBT got?

More than likely it will be the version KGBT and WOAI has. With so many stations, Sinclair may have to be more "conservative" with its budget on sets. Its seems another Barrington station will get the set as well; KVII.

That temp set looks like it came from part of the OLD (1996-2010) set.

New logo? I hope it's not too different! At least keep the 15 logo... I've always been a fan. Knowing Sinclair it'll probably be dumped though. Interesting to see how this turns out. I've always preferred WPDE over WBTW when it comes to the Florence/MB stations (haven't seen WMBF at all) so I hope it's a good upgrade.

That temp set looks like it came from part of the OLD (1996-2010) set.

New logo? I hope it's not too different! At least keep the 15 logo... I've always been a fan. Knowing Sinclair it'll probably be dumped though. Interesting to see how this turns out. I've always preferred WPDE over WBTW when it comes to the Florence/MB stations (haven't seen WMBF at all) so I hope it's a good upgrade.

The desk is apart of the '96-'10 desk just a bit smaller and if they get a new logo I want it to look like the one in 1994-95 with the wave element but I do want them to go away from the Newschannel 15 branding but that's me being picky.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived