KTMF news director shot and killed

Samantha

The news director at KTMF in Missoula, Montana, 34-year-old Kalee Scolatti, was shot and killed in a double homicide on Wednesday night.

It appears that the gunman, a 36-year-old man, came to her house, and then Scolatti called a family friend, 46-year-old Anthony Dupras, over. When the friend arrived, the gunman opened fire, killing Scolatti and Dupras before turning the gun on himself. He is in the hospital in critical condition; his name has not been released, according to The Missoulian. His relation to the victims is not known.

Our condolences from TVNT to KTMF and the Scolatti and Dupras families at this terrible time. Scolatti was about to celebrate 10 years with the station and graduated from the University of Montana School of Journalism in 2005.

The station reported the shooter is Scolatti's husband, and he shot himself after shooting his wife and Dupras. Doctors will remove the shooter from the ventilator and let him die today. I think we will all reach the same conclusion as to what triggered the shooting.

KTMF imported Victor Correa from KHQ-TV to report the story for them.

The station reported the shooter is Scolatti's husband, and he shot himself after shooting his wife and Dupras. Doctors will remove the shooter from the ventilator and let him die today. I think we will all reach the same conclusion as to what triggered the shooting.

KTMF imported Victor Correa from KHQ-TV to report the story for them.

I had a feeling it was something like that.

My thoughts and prayers to her family as well as her friends and colleagues at KTMF.

Archived