ABC Schedule/Show IDs?

bgiesing39

I realize it's not exactly news, but I have been looking for those new fall IDs have been using for the schedule and shows. It's the first time I have seen a network have a unique ID to start a show. (The three I see most often as I watch them is Shark Tank, Kimmel, and Muppets.) Their schedule IDs are similar and it's the first thing you see as it enters Network controlled Primetime.

From what I can tell, they all play the standard ABC Theme but use the different ABC color schemes for shows (Red for Comedy, Blue for News, and Gold for Drama, I think?). The bumpers have a wavy look similar to the 2008 Start Here campaign. Also, the show ids start with them zoomed closely into the characters/title while panning and then zoom out to show everything with the ABC Logo fading in. Both have a Voiceover.

Sorry that it's not really news. I have been looking on and off for a couple of weeks and I think I might just have the wrong search terms.

EDIT: I have found some images that use a similar theme but are not the actual things (for comparison purposes!)

ABCfall2014.jpg

abc-fall-schedule-2015-20161.jpg

The Gold one is almost exactly the same style as the 2014-15 schedule bump. (Showed blocks with the show in it and each show was in it's own block that it panned to before ending on the ABC Logo with the blocks sliding underneath the logo.)

The Red 2015-16 doesn't match but that's the color of the majority of them. This time they just show a static schedule on the left side of the screen with the ABC Logo above and the red streak-ish background on the right that also cycles through the shows characters during the short period.

EDIT 2: Here's a different promo showing the 2015-16 style that I am trying to find the bumpers for with the red and blue-silver wavy look.

I realize it's not exactly news, but I have been looking for those new fall IDs have been using for the schedule and shows. It's the first time I have seen a network have a unique ID to start a show. (The three I see most often as I watch them is Shark Tank, Kimmel, and Muppets.) Their schedule IDs are similar and it's the first thing you see as it enters Network controlled Primetime.

From what I can tell, they all play the standard ABC Theme but use the different ABC color schemes for shows (Red for Comedy, Blue for News, and Gold for Drama, I think?). The bumpers have a wavy look similar to the 2008 Start Here campaign. Also, the show ids start with them zoomed closely into the characters/title while panning and then zoom out to show everything with the ABC Logo fading in. Both have a Voiceover.

Sorry that it's not really news. I have been looking on and off for a couple of weeks and I think I might just have the wrong search terms.

EDIT: I have found some images that use a similar theme but are not the actual things (for comparison purposes!)

ABCfall2014.jpg

abc-fall-schedule-2015-20161.jpg

The Gold one is almost exactly the same style as the 2014-15 schedule bump. (Showed blocks with the show in it and each show was in it's own block that it panned to before ending on the ABC Logo with the blocks sliding underneath the logo.)

The Red 2015-16 doesn't match but that's the color of the majority of them. This time they just show a static schedule on the left side of the screen with the ABC Logo above and the red streak-ish background on the right that also cycles through the shows characters during the short period.

EDIT 2: Here's a different promo showing the 2015-16 style that I am trying to find the bumpers for with the red and blue-silver wavy look.

I'll see if I can snag a couple tonight... You're talking the "And now ABC's..." Bumpers right?

Since their "Let Us Be/Still/Were The One!" eras? Seems like The Alphabet Net is trying to go back to that, IMHO.

I remember seeing some videos where ABC was promoting with "America's watching ABC" I like to see ABC bring that back and the affiliates of ABC bring it back for their promos as well. Ex. "Oklahoma's watching Channel 5."

Archived