KTBC FOX 7 Austin on Temp. Set?

jbnews

It looks like they are in front of a green screen.

This is what their old set looked like.

I am glad they are getting a new set. All the Austin stations are in need of a new one except KXAN which could last another year or two. All the other sets feel dark and have bricks on them for some reason. Austin is a big city now! Update!

The only change appears to be that they've replaced the "brick" wall behind the Good Day Austin couch with an extension of the skyline paneling that they use as a background for standups and various other segments. That wall and the red staircase that used to be next to it date back to the set Fox put in right after it became an O&O.

[MEDIA=twitter]745952887738535936[/MEDIA]

Old set for comparison:

[MEDIA=instagram]BF4Y4efLxsV[/MEDIA]

This has pretty much been KTBC's MO since they got the current set some time around 2003 or 2004. Every couple years, they'll spend some money to keep it looking new.�

• 2 weeks later...

KEYE's faux-stone walls are pretty awful, I'll give you that much. KVUE's set works for the market. The rough-hewn limestone they have is the go-to around here for when you want natural materials, and the combination of limestone and medium-dark wood looks like every steakhouse or upscale BBQ joint in a hundred mile radius.

Ahh, I guess the brick is sort of appropriate considering the landscape and geographical makeup of Austin (hills and such). It just stood out to me as odd because that's not something our stations here in Houston have or that I've seen in Dallas.

Archived