KASA TV Rebrand

n925tv

Here we go again...(don't shoot the messenger!)...

Just noticed this but KASA TV (Fox 2) in Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM re branded as "Fox New Mexico," completely dropping the KASA name that they have used since their beginning. According to their Facebook page, seems like they did it sometime back in late July but apparently nobody noticed (probably a better thing). I personally thought the older logo was unique, especially when the "2" was all lit up in neon. For the record, the KRQE logo hasn't changed so far.

Here's the now former logo:

KASA_2011_Logo.png.810c5b105bcbe2b422ba7664d6c34f3e.png

And here's 2 variations of the new logo:

Capture.JPG.2bcced762e9c99d829e24dd436b79c56.JPG

Capture.JPG.9c5813a9b77f809729bd0defc956b7ca.JPG

Also seen here:

[MEDIA=instagram]BLTOrLVhLt3[/MEDIA]

Probably has to do with the fact that KASA itself is being sold and the Fox affiliation is moving to a subchannel.

About the only thing saving it from "totally bland" is the New Mexico state shape.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

https://www.abqjournal.com/810810/switching-channels-purchases-will-move-telemundo-fox.html

When I was in ABQ in early August, they were already using Fox New Mexico - the only place the 2 was showing up was as (an out of place) bug in the "Pay for Play" show they were running (News had just the News 13 logo - just branded as News 13 at 9).

Looks like they've added the New Mexico outline to the wording, but everything else looks the same...

Not sure of the transition date yet...

Jim

Archived