KWWL New set.....

padrechuck

I wouldn't be surprised if WGEM and/or WVVA are next on the list. Hopefully, both stations get to keep its current logos and not get the red and white logos that are way too common on those stations.

Set wise, KTIV and KTTC should be up next. Both have had their current sets for over a decade.

• 3 weeks later...

I put together a montage of the new sets and graphics that Quincy has rolled out this year.

There's six new sets installed. WREX, WEEK, KBJR, and WPTA have identical sets; WKOW's is a mirror image of the other four, and KWWL's is similar to WKOW but has a bigger weather center. WBNG got WKOW's old set.

Not included in the montage, KBJR 6.2 which is branded CBS3, the continuation of KDLH's news; they have a new set and the older blue Quincy graphics. A similar situation with WPTA 21.2 continuing WISE's news operation as "Fort Wayne's NBC", with the same new set and old graphics.

I'm not sure what plans there are, if any, to expand to the other stations (WGEM, WVVA, WQ/X/AOW, KTTC, KTIV). I doubt anything will happen soon with WGEM or WVVA, they could broadcast from a broom closet and still dominate their markets.

Thanks for posting this.

I'm at least thrilled that the stations have some sort of liberty to pick a theme they want, instead of just picking one from one music firm (or worse a standardized theme, although I was kinda worried that 360 theme

could've been a pseudo-standard theme as a couple of more Quincy stations have picked it up recently (WREX, WEEK)).

As for the station formerly known as "21 Alive", WPTA's use of Gari's ABC EWN pack sounds extremely weak. They could've either kept Impact, or use one of the other themes used by its sisters. 360 or Guardian wouldn't have hurt.

WPTA using "EWN" package just sounds off to me. Also not hearing "21 Alive" is sad as well. WVVA will probley be the last to get updated graphics. WEEK looks so better now than in the past 20 years now leaves only one station using "Newswire".

Archived