WDJT Changes

MilwaukeeMan

The only anchor at 58 that deserves the 5 and 10pm slot is Mike Strehlow.

If 58 put in even the tiniest bit of effort there was a chance of getting one of Steve Chamraz or George Mallet a year ago (to bad there isn't a TV columnist in Milwaukee anymore, that would been a fascinating story on how corporate in Cincinnati almost messed that deal up).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed this evening that they've dropped the Overture news music. I'm not good at placing what they are using now; I expect someone else will be able to name it.

Edit: never mind, figured it out, it's Aerial, which like Overture, is from Stephen Arnold Music.

heard the ratings went through the roof!!! the audience is loving the new music!!! they had a 110% share with this music change!!!!

at least that music which sounded straight from 1994 is gone...

I just hope they bought more cuts for this package than Overture; I hate it when a news theme is overused.

heard the ratings went through the roof!!! the audience is loving the new music!!! they had a 110% share with this music change!!!!

at least that music which sounded straight from 1994 is gone...

Cute but for August before the music change the noon show was number 1 in the most desired demo 25-54. Check Nielsen for August.But sure the anchor changes had nothing to do with it !

Haven't really been able to root anything out outside of Facebook, but it looks like a Facebook Live feed by the station from a homicide scene went awry when the photog (I'm not sure if it's a one-person band or reporter/photog) said into the hot mic that the Milwaukee Police 'can be trigger happy'.

Well, the person isn't wrong

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
And if she was still there they would not have ignored the officer’s procession

I don't know what the other local stations did, but 58 bumped the policeman's funeral onto a webstream via their website and Facebook. In this day and age, that sounds about right.

And I don't think she would have had any say in the matter if she was still there.

And if she was still there they would not have ignored the officer’s procession

So, 58 went right to CBS Evening News at 5:30?

I don't know what the standard is for these events, plus I don't remember what the media did 22 years ago. While 4, 6 & 12 all did the final procession, 12 did some Steve Harvey during the 3:00 hour yesterday and WISN didn't TV the processions yesterday morning and Friday morning much. TMJ4 was there all the way.

So, 58 went right to CBS Evening News at 5:30?

I don't know what the standard is for these events, plus I don't remember what the media did 22 years ago. While 4, 6 & 12 all did the final procession, 12 did some Steve Harvey during the 3:00 hour yesterday and WISN didn't TV the processions yesterday morning and Friday morning much. TMJ4 was there all the way.

Most likely because WDJT had limited cameras compared to the others, who have choppers and drones that can follow the procession (which weren't of much help due to the storm going through, so we saw more WISDOT cams and truck shots on the stations than expected). The other issue was there was a lot of dead time between the end of the funeral and start of the procession; the last of the cars didn't even get onto I-94 until 6:15, when they left for Jeopardy and Wheel (they might be in repeats, but you know there are switchboard/social people who will whine about it being pre-empted, and of course, "Big Brother”). They did start coverage at 3pm and kill Dr. Phil though, so they covered as much as they could.

Thank goodness. Something about McCormack always rubbed me the wrong way.

The new team really knocked it out of the park for July eh?

That's what I figured. Thanks!

They’re in the toilet again in July after congratulating themselves on finishing third in May

Well, I certainly hope I haven't inadvertently given anyone any ideas...

Thank goodness. Something about McCormack always rubbed me the wrong way.

I think it's the overemphasis on the ACK in her last name. I remember their old opens when they were using Third Coast and the voiceover guy would say the anchors names at the end and he would go "Michelle McCorMAACK", it makes your skin crawl.

She's probably one of those people who corrects you when you call her Ms. McCormick. Kind of like Suzanne Malveaux, who is rumored to have thrown temper tantrums and gotten interns canned for calling her Suzanne and not Su-ZAHN.

I think it's the overemphasis on the ACK in her last name. I remember their old opens when they were using Third Coast and the voiceover guy would say the anchors names at the end and he would go "Michelle McCorMAACK", it makes your skin crawl.

She's probably one of those people who corrects you when you call her Ms. McCormick. Kind of like Suzanne Malveaux, who is rumored to have thrown temper tantrums and gotten interns canned for calling her Suzanne and not Su-ZAHN.

Wrong again. Why don’t you just identify yourself. If the name is spelled ack why wouldn’t you pronounce it correctly? Wouldn’t you do that with a political candidate or subject or story. A crime victims? The ratings dropped again. Why don’t you take it on the chin!

Wrong again. Why don’t you just identify yourself. If the name is spelled ack why wouldn’t you pronounce it correctly? Wouldn’t you do that with a political candidate or subject or story. A crime victims? The ratings dropped again. Why don’t you take it on the chin!

I don't know what high horse you rode in on, but don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

I don't know what high horse you rode in on, but don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

High horse. What qualifies you to suppose what a person is like and then put it out there? Who are you and high I’d your horse that you think this serves anyone in the industry. It’s her NAME? How can a person choose their name? Ridiculous and the administrator of this page, just lets you do it.

High horse. What qualifies you to suppose what a person is like and then put it out there? Who are you and high I’d your horse that you think this serves anyone in the industry. It’s her NAME? How can a person choose their name? Ridiculous and the administrator of this page, just lets you do it.

You're right. I should have done something about this ages ago. So, both of you, consider this a final warning. We get it. You're both on the opposite side of the fence in regards to Ms. Cormack. I, personally, don't see how you can take an extreme on either side. Who cares how she pronounced her name? There's several on-air talent in the Milwaukee market that don't even use their real names...

I don't think she was a detriment to their news product. She was very good at doing feature stories. The problem WDJT has (and has always had) is their content. They have yet to shake the "low budget" vibe that they've had since the beginning. Clearly, fancy graphics (even if it is the previous CBS O&O look) and a sparkly set (with or without the modification that brought the old, repainted FX Group desk back) are not helping. Unfortunately, the entire industry seems to be heading towards the same business model WDJT has had for years, so I doubt it's going to get much better.

Luckily, some of the other stations in the market (namely WTMJ) seem to be in a race to out-low-budget WDJT. Maybe that will work to WDJT's advantage.

I could see Michele on WITI, I think she'd be a good fit for their product. I would assume she'll pop back up on TV somewhere eventually...

[quote name='Weeters']You're right. I should have done something about this ages ago. So, both of you, consider this a final warning. We get it. You're both on the opposite side of the fence in regards to Ms. Cormack. I, personally, don't see how you can take an extreme on either side. Who cares how she pronounced her name? There's several on-air talent in the Milwaukee market that don't even use their real names... I don't think she was a detriment to their news product. She was very good at doing feature stories. The problem WDJT has (and has always had) is their content. They have yet to shake the "low budget" vibe that they've had since the beginning. Clearly, fancy graphics (even if it is the previous CBS O&O look) and a sparkly set (with or without the modification that brought the old, repainted FX Group desk back) are not helping. Unfortunately, the entire industry seems to be heading towards the same business model WDJT has had for years, so I doubt it's going to get much better. Luckily, some of the other stations in the market (namely WTMJ) seem to be in a race to out-low-budget WDJT. Maybe that will work to WDJT's advantage. I could see Michele on WITI, I think she'd be a good fit for their product. I would assume she'll pop back up on TV somewhere eventually...[/QUOTE] Why am I getting blamed for this? He ATTACKED me in a public forum both in public and in private for having an opinion, and I get in trouble for defending myself? My comments about Ms. McCormack were not to be taken seriously. Let me repeat that in case I wasn't clear, my comments about Ms. McCormack were NOT to be taken seriously. It was a joke. Looking back, it was not funny and felt flat and it was not very nice and I apologize for that. I'm sorry for this being done in a public forum, and I'm sorry if my comment about Ms. McCormack was out of line. I am NOT sorry for having an opinion and expressing it and I am NOT sorry for defending myself. The man threatened me with lawyers and called me a liar, and I'm supposed to sit back and just take that? Westers, I don't tell you how to run your site but if you can't see that this is clearly cyberbullying, I don't know what to think. On this site, we all have opinions. We are ALWAYS expressing our opinions. Like my friend @Eat News, I'm not always serious about everything I write. I make jokes, I also make a few observations that for all intents and purposes were not meant to be taken seriously. This was one of those observations. I'm not sorry for defending myself from someone who bashed me in front of my peers in a public forum and went to my graphics thread to continue bashing me. I am an advocate of speaking up against bullying since I've been bullied pretty much my whole life. I'm not going to sit here and let some jerk run me through the mud over one stupid silly opinion. I've said all I'm going to say on this. I've "ignored" the guy and thankfully won't have to actually see anymore of his attacks unless I should happen to get an email about it (like I did in this case). I've been on this site since the days it was on free forum software, for many many years. I have contributed A LOT to this forum, not just as Kent Brockman. I was also Tom Tucker, I was also NewsWatch, just to name the ones I remember. I've been banned here before, and if I'm banned again for defending myself against a bully, for standing up for myself, and for sticking up for the opinions and non-serious banter that goes on on this site with all members, then so be it. All I will say is thank you for the many years of enjoyment and I hate that it had to end like this over a silly comment and an attack from a member who contributes nothing but hateful comments to this forum and nothing else.

[quote name='KentBrockman']Why am I getting blamed for this? He ATTACKED me in a public forum both in public and in private for having an opinion, and I get in trouble for defending myself?... I've been banned here before, and if I'm banned again for defending myself against a bully, for standing up for myself, and for sticking up for the opinions and non-serious banter that goes on on this site with all members, then so be it. All I will say is thank you for the many years of enjoyment and I hate that it had to end like this over a silly comment and an attack from a member who contributes nothing but hateful comments to this forum and nothing else.[/QUOTE] Hey Brockman, I learned there are a few (2-3) people here that love to "Bait 'n Cry"... The same few folks are running multiple ID's at one time for whatever reason. It would be a non-stop game of "wack a mole" for the admins if they had to chase all of them down. I was never a fan of the "ignore" feature...but after dealing with the same moron it started taking the fun out of my daily ( 0k...hourly) visits here. I have begun to hit ignore on a few of those problem children...for me it's been a joy not to even see those post from those master "baiters". We do have to give props to @Weeters and gang for maintaining a pretty no hassle place...but there will always be those that just like to disturb things because they have too much anger in their lives.

Archived