Ajit Pai tapped as FCC commissioner

NewsMaster

Soooo is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know anything about the inner politics of the FCC.

Per Engadget, it's a bad thing- he's a vocal opponent of net neutrality. I'm honestly neutral on that whole issue, though- as long as my favorite websites aren't blocked, like this one, them I'm fine.

He's from my home state of Kansas. I wonder if he's been back recently to see what a wonderful world Gov. Brownback created. :rolleyes:

He follows the line of "industry good, regulation bad." This is good for companies like Sinclair and Nexstar who leveraged their way from bankruptcy to players, bet big, and now appear ready take the pot. It's bad for supporters of net neutrality, which dictates ISPs must treat all bytes equally-- no blocking, slowing down or favoring of one website over another.

He has also pushed for expansion of high speed internet to rural areas, which ISPs have traditionally seen as economically poor investments.

Per Engadget, it's a bad thing- he's a vocal opponent of net neutrality. I'm honestly neutral on that whole issue, though- as long as my favorite websites aren't blocked, like this one, them I'm fine.

It's not a question of blocking, it a question of how much do you want to pay the cable companies to access your favorite websites. Basically creating a tier system akin to cable packages.

Soooo is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know anything about the inner politics of the FCC.

He once said bad thing about rabbit ears ...and tried to grab Jessica Rabbit in the(blank).

His father was part of the "Kill Ch-1" movement of the 1940's.

Half the country will hate him....the other half will be divided.

Archived