Nick Lachey Disses Ron Corning

SuitSnob

Did you all catch this live or see the re-cap on the 10 PM broadcast? They were havng a perfectly pleasant interview when Ronnie (who was actually NOT dressed like a douche for a change) made quite possibly the sloppiest segue in broadcast journalism history to attempt to go from talking baseball to asking about the infamous dirty pictures the tabloids have gotten ahold of. Nick said nothing, and then the live feed went blank. DISS!!!

I think Fox posted the interchange on their website.

Yeah, its in the GDNY section and also they posted it on their website as the first story right on the homepage of myfoxny.com. I hope it will be off the homepage by morning. I never saw it live or the 10pm re-cap but I don't know why there making this such a big deal when there's lots more important news to learn about.

I don't know why Ron asked that question because it's kind of obvious that Nick wouldn't want to discuss anything related to that story.

I remember a few years back Dorothey Lucey of FOX11 in L.A. was interviewing Anjelina Jolie. At that time Jolie was involved in some kind of scandal and Dorothey proceeded to ask a question in regards to that incident when the feed went out. I guess its a FOX thing, asking provocative questions.

Well he should know that not all questions he asks have to be answered, the interviewee does have the right, to not answer certain questions, lol. :D

Agreed...but all Lachey had to say was "I really do not want to talk about that" as opposed to cutting off the camera.

Well he should know that not all questions he asks have to be answered, the interviewee does have the right, to not answer certain questions, lol. :)

Agreed...but all Lachey had to say was "I really do not want to talk about that" as opposed to cutting off the camera.

I agree. However, interviewees shouldn't be able to dictate questions.

I don't feel Nick Lachey should be blamed. He handled the incident very well, he didn't say anything rude or whinced at the question. It was the publicist who ordered that the plug be pulled immediately. To me, publicists are always overly cautious.

Archived