[Canada] More local news on CTV this fall

ED2

I'm wondering if Bell did actually upgrade the station's infrastructure to handle high definition production, or if their control room is moving to an HD-ready plant like Toronto or even another city out west (like what Global and CBC are doing with some of their newscasts).

Yes, Bell is upgrading CKCO's control room to broadcast newscasts in HD. Master control is hubbed in Toronto, so they were able to broadcast the rest of the CTV schedule in HD.

Yes, Bell is upgrading CKCO's control room to broadcast newscasts in HD. Master control is hubbed in Toronto, so they were able to broadcast the rest of the CTV schedule in HD.

That's very good news then for CKCO. Glad to see the company is investing in the station's infrastructure for the long haul.

Better late than never I suppose. They along with CTV Northern Ontario switched over to 16:9 SD back in January. Also wondering if CTV NO is in line for an HD upgrade too.

My money is still on Bell not bothering upgrading the CTV Two stations in London/Windsor and Barrie to HD. The regional programs on CTV Two Alberta, Ottawa, and Atlantic are already in HD as they're produced by the CTV station in the same markets.

What's funny is that CHWI Windsor appears to be downconverting their studio cameras and other local video for their evening news.

In 2013, the station moved to a "state-of-the-art" newsroom in a Bell-owned building. However, CFPL London hasn't upgraded their production facilities yet to HD.

I swear, I've seen entire interviews on the CTV News Channel from CHWI in full HD while the news appears in 4:3!

Archived